The FAC team is working constantly to improve our users' experience of the FAC, including improving how we communicate errors in the workbooks.
If you encounter errors while composing a workbook submission, we encourage you to do the following before submitting a request to the FAC help center:
- Revisit the instructions for completing the workbooks.
- Note that some fields must be present. Make sure you have completed those fields.
- Note that some field responses depend on others. Make sure you pay attention to these dependencies.
Here are some examples of fields in the Federal Awards workbook that are either required or dependent:
- There are Y/N columns that cannot be left blank. You must always complete them.
- You cannot leave the number of findings blank. It must always be a number (zero or greater).
- The entries for some columns (like passthrough names and numbers) depend on whether you answered Y or N regarding direct funding.
If you are still uncertain after working through the instructions, please submit a request in the FAC help center, and attach the workbooks involved.
The team will use your workbooks to improve the quality of error messages we provide, and therefore improve the system for everyone. We cannot help individuals complete their workbooks.
As we make improvements to the FAC, we will post updates on fac.gov.